Just one month left in 2022, so you want to be sure you are set up to finish strong. The end of the year is always busy with people shopping and gearing up for the holidays. Families are getting together, businesses are having parties and large gatherings of friends are happening all around! Here are a few ways you can prepare your restaurant to profit well this season.
Catering and Large Parties
Is your restaurant set up to handle large parties or catering? You might want to consider these options and how they can benefit your business. The holidays are filled with companies wanting to have their Christmas party catered or groups of friends gathering for their gift exchange. Even beyond the holidays, there are seasons of large gatherings that you want to be sure you are prepared to capitalize on, like graduation in the Spring and Fall. Here are some ways you can prepare for these events.
- Have adequate staff available
- Have a specific menu designed for large groups
- Have a point person who will be readily available to discuss catering or large party options. If you can, set up a place on your website where they can inquire about your services and then you can have someone reach out to them. You don’t want your phone lines held up during lunch or supper rush hours and miss orders.
- Have a specific marketing strategy to promote these special offerings
- Take payments upfront to avoid no-shows or cancellations or have a cancellation fee written in the contract.
During the holidays, many people are looking for stocking stuffers, gift ideas for friends and family or need a last minute gift for their office party. Don’t miss out on this opportunity. The National Restaurant Association found that 62% of consumers want a restaurant gift card for the holidays and over 80% of people end up spending more than what was on the gift card. This is a great way to bring in new customers and serve current customers well who are looking for gift ideas.
Have a Special Holiday Menu
We mentioned having a separate menu for your catering events or large group parties, but having a specific menu for your restaurant during the holiday season can also be beneficial by helping to streamline back-of-house operations and helping you manage your inventory a little easier during this busy time. Using fresh ingredients that are in-season is also a great way to save money, so you might consider including those to your limited menu.
So wherever people are choosing to gather this holiday season, you can make sure your restaurant is a possibility by making a few extra accommodations. Make sure you are publicizing these offers on your social media accounts and website frequently so people are aware of what you have to offer. Even if you are late to the game, these are great things to work towards for all of the upcoming events like Super Bowl, Valentine’s Day or Graduation season!